Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

I have to tell you that this year Christmas has just not been the same. Our time from Thanksgiving until now has been filled with speculation, concern, doctor's appointments, treatments, prayer, sitting together as a family pondering the best course of action, and quiet reflection. The outside world with all the hussle and bustle has had little or no effect on us. Oh we were aware that Christmas was coming, even wore my Christmas sweaters and socks a few times and dad wore his ties, but all the other was foggy.
With all this, I am thankful for what we have. I am thankful for the most wonderful man in the world who has loved me through thick and thin...great times and hard times...sickness and health...times we had no money and times we had plenty...you get the point.
I am thankful for my mother who has always been there for me. Praying for my family, my inlaws, and my friends. Taking walks or going to lunch to help me gain prospective. I am thankful she is my sister in Christ.
I am thankful for my children...they are a reminder that life will go on. They give support and love in difficult time and laughter in times of joy. They have grown into wonderful adults and married christian mates. They are carrying on family traditions and caring for others.
I am thankful for friends who I can share funny stories, deepest fears and everything in between.
I am thankful for the material blessings, our home, cars, clothes, and stuff. All stuff I can live without, but really enjoy.
I am thankful for the trials...they bring us close, remind us of what is important, cause us to count the cost of everything we do, help us to reevaluate our goals, improve our prayer life, help us spend time with the people we love, and become dependent on God for our strength.
I love each one of you and wish you a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Thank was a beautiful Christmas letter. Truly from the heart. Much love and prayers, Mom

    ReplyDelete